Tips to Maintaining a Beautiful Garden
Whether your green-fingered or not when the sun is shining there’s nothing better than doing a spot of gardening. But unfortunately given our busy lifestyles, finding the time to maintaining a beautiful garden can be difficult. However follow our handy tips to helping you maintaining a tidy garden.
1. Keep flower beds evenly moist, especially during bouts of consistent sunshine. Watering daily
2. Water plants in the evening or early morning, allowing plants to soak up moisture before the hottest part of the day
3. Avoid wetting the plant’s leaves. wet leaves can easily lead to mold or rot
4. When the hot weather strikes, make sure you keep your lawn healthy. Temperatures o up to 26°C will promote the growth but anything above 30°C will stunt growth. If the temperature does rise, then it’s best to avoid cutting the grass too short and try to maintain a height of about 5cm, to protect it from the sun and essentially prevent the soil from drying out.
5. If your working away are going on holiday in the summer, why not set up an automatic watering system, with a water timer fitted to an outdoor tap and a micro-irrigation system. Water seeps out of small holes from pipes or from nozzles placed in pots exactly where it’s required.
6. Kill weeds at their roots but leave the soil and dormant weed seeds – largely undisturbed.
7. The use of mulch prevents weed seeds from sprouting. Mulch benefits plants by keeping soil cool and moist and depriving weeds of light.
8. When you can’t remove weeds, then the next best solution id to lop of their heads which reduces reseeding.
9. Need some ideal garden storage solutions to store all your gardening paraphernalia, we just have the solution with our handmade redwood garden store units. Stylish and durable and the perfect place for you to store all gardening tools and accessories.