Preventing wheelie bin fires
There’s recently been a spate of wheelie bin fires across the UK. Firefighters believe that over the Christmas holidays the bins have been filled with flammable materials, such as wrapping paper and cardboard packaging, filling bins and making them a target for vandals and arsonists.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service has published some great advice on preventing your wheelie bin from being set on fire!
Protect your home and help prevent bin fires in your local area by following these tips:
- Put your wheelie bin out early on the morning of waste collection, rather than late at night the day before
- Take your bin from the kerbside as soon as possible after collection
- Help out your neighbour – bring their bin in for them if needed
- Don’t overfill your bin – make sure the lid will close
- Store your bin away from your house but within the boundary of your property and ideally out of public sight
Of course, as an expert in wheelie bin storage, we advocate the use of secure wheelie bin storage, and we have a selection available on our website. We have single and double wheelie bin storage, plus bin & box combinations.
If you have a bespoke design in mind, please contact us, we’ll be happy to accommodate you.